A few days after the world was hit by the spread of the novel COVID-19 virus, many countries have started to apply strict precautionary measures that included school and educational institution shutdowns. Simultaneously, several private companies have enacted remote work policies and allowed all or most of their employees to work from home. These sudden changes gave rise to an array of digital solutions across various industries such as e-learning and online schooling.
Meanwhile, the need for adequate e-learning translation services becomes a mandatory to disseminate the knowledge in various languages.
Whether it is school or college courses, corporate training programs, or entertaining learning platforms, the provision of competent e-learning development on a global scale requires proficient e-learning localization services. In short, offering multilingual e-learning materials widens the scope of knowledge spread, maximizes the number of beneficiaries, and creates a far-reaching global impact.
Who needs e-learning translation services?
- A multinational company striving to maintain a healthy online learning environment for its employees located in different parts of the globe.
- A global educational organization enrolling many students from different nationalities.
- A private educational institution that offers online courses for global audiences.
- Online e-learning application aspiring to attract new users across several countries.
The benefits of e-learning translation services
When provided in multiple languages, e-learning services bring numerous benefits to their providers and get more chances to succeed globally. These benefits include:
- Global reach: It is unequivocally easier to spread the knowledge if it is translated into other languages. Many people around the world are not proficient in English and the only way to reach out to them is to localize your e-learning offerings.
- Better engagement: Learners all around the world tend to interact with educational materials that are available in their native languages. Since online education is all about engagement and interactivity, e-learning localization seems vital.
- Equal access to information: Multinational brands usually have multiple offices in distant locations and providing equal access to information and learning materials is a must. These companies need to localize their e-learning so all employees stay on the same page.
Best practices for e-learning translation services
Over the course of ten years, LatinoBridge has been providing adequate e-learning localization services in Spanish and Brazilian Portuguese. Our e-learning localization specialists have proudly delivered a myriad of satisfactory fulfillments and developed an extensive understanding of the best-practice e-learning translation process and its highest standards.
Here is a list of some best practices for e-learning translation services:
- Consider all elements
In the digital age, e-learning materials usually extend further beyond a dull textual content and consist of audiovisual elements and interactive designs. Successful e-learning localization should be a detail-oriented process that is done by experienced specialists who are able to handle all types of localization and juggle multiple tasks.
- Content expansion
Texts of some languages are lengthier than others and translated content might expand at up to 50% from the original language. The ultimate solution to this inconvenience is to preliminarily create the e-learning content with translation in mind and leave room for expansion.
However, desktop publishing services (DTP) are concerned with such problems and come to adapt the entire content layout. This might also happen with voice over services where some languages take longer time to pronounce than others.
- Access all source files:
It is important for e-learning localization teams to have access to all source files of all formats as well as the different versions of the original content. Not only will this help them get a better grasp of the materials, but also facilitate and accelerate the localization process across various formats.
- Use reliable TMS
Running e-learning localization services with the help of a reliable translation management system (TMS) saves a lot of time and improves the project’s quality.
Thanks to their ability to leverage translation memories and detect linguistic errors, TMSs maintain high levels of accuracy and consistency across the e-learning localization projects.
- Pay attention to cultural context
Culture-relevance marks an indispensable part of any localization process, especially in e-learning. The adaptation of e-learning content to the cultural perceptions of the target locale includes checking all visual elements for cultural relevance. Symbols and phrases that are clear and illustrative in one language might be vague or even offensive in other languages.
- Quality check
When it comes to e-learning, subject matter experts should be part of the quality assurance process, especially with advanced educational materials. Specialists are more aware of the technical jargon, abbreviations, acronyms, and evaluation methodologies of the respective fields and it is preferred to have them checking any online learning materials before they are published.
If you are going to localize your e-learning content, and you are looking for a trustworthy language service provider (LSP), and if you are targeting the Latin American Market, LatinoBridge is ready to help.
Backed by a team of expert native linguists with over a decade of hands-on experience, LatinoBridge presents impeccable e-learning localization services at the highest quality and most competitive prices. Get in touch now and have your e-learning business thriving in Latin America with the best-in-class e-learning translation solutions.
No time to hesitate, contact us now and get your free quote!